180 played in the Captains over the two weekends which was the biggest attendance ever for the club. The weather was spectacular and the course was even better - thanks to Andy & Team for working the magic yet again.
We move on to the September medal next weekend kindly sponsored by The Hamlet Court Hotel. https://www.thehamlet.ie
|1||Rattigan, Christopher||81 - 12 = 69|
|2||Kearney, Mark||97 - 28 = 69|
|3||Gaynor, Leslie||87 - 18 = 69|
|4||Dunne, Colin||90 - 20 = 70|
|6||Kirby, Anthony||85 - 14 = 71|
|7||Hendrick, Gary||85 - 13 = 72|
|9||Mc Enroe, Martin||81 - 07 = 74|
|10||Dixon, Ivan||86 - 12 = 74|
|11||Walsh, Declan||88 - 14 = 74|
|12||Regan, Eammon||96 - 22 = 74|
|13||Kenny, Adrian||80 - 06 = 74|
|14||Terry McGrath||93 - 19 = 74|
|15||Keogh, Noel||95 - 20 = 75|
|16||Kennedy, Paul||85 - 10 = 75|
|17||McCabe, Fearghal||88 - 13 = 75|
|19||Rayfus, Colin||79 - 03 = 76|
|20||Henrick, Dean||86 - 10 = 76|
Our Men's Captain, Pat Dunne, invites you to play in his Captain's Prize on Sept 12th./13th with the lucky 51 and ties qualifying to play in the final round on Sunday Sept. 20th. The time sheet will open at 9pm Thursday 3rd. Sept.
Due to the latest COVID-19 restrictions it is with regret that we announce the cancellation of the Captains prize events over the next two weekends. Our Captains, Kate & Pat felt that, due to the lockdown implemented for our adjacent counties, and in the best interest of the club and its membership, it was prudent to defer it to a later date. Particularly, this decision is in consideration of those members residing in the counties under the lockdown restrictions currently.
Regular competitions will be held as normal over the coming weekends. Our thoughts are with those members who are restricted from travelling to the club and we hope to see you again there soon when it is safe to do so.
Round 1 of Mens Catains Prize is Sunday August 16th. Timesheet opens on Thursday August 6th. @ 9pm.
Round 2 and Ladies Captains Prize is on Saturday August 22nd.
There will be lots of great prizes to be won and we look forward to an exciting couple of weeks of golf at the club.
- The format is Stableford
- White tees(for Men)
- The entry fee is €15 including a burger at the 10th. tee
- Please note local rules regarding bunkers
- Please observe COVID guidelines for safety at Rathcore
- Players need to have 2 singles cards submitted this year to be eligible to win the prize. Players not meeting this criteria can compete for all other prizes i.e. runner-up and Divisions.
We have an exciting calendar kicking off for July as we return to normality. Please take note for your golfing diary:
- Presidents Prize - Charlie Ennis is delighted to invite you to play for his prize on July 4th./5th.
- Vice-Captains Prize - Michael Dowling is delighted to invite you to play for his prize on July 11th./12th.
- The Super Valu, Enfield July medal - July 18th./19th.
- Open Weekly 9 Hole Mixed - Mon to Thurs. €5 for members, €10 for visitors.
- Weekly Wednesday Open - 18 Holes. €10 for members. Kindly sponsored by Fast Floor Screed.
- Fun Friday 3 ball 9 hole Scramble from 5:30pm. This will be a great social fun night for members. Food/drinks afterwards and results of weeks competitions announced.
- 2 Person team Event: July 25th./26th.
The Inter Club teams are starting back in July in a restricted capacity. We are competing in the AIG Junior Cup, Barton Cup, Pierce Purcell & Jimmy Bruen. Any member interested in playing for the club, who is handicap 15 or less and has at least 4 qualifying cards submitted in 2019, please contact Brendan McGrath at 086 8626132.
Welcome to the new Rathcore web site.
We hope that you visit it often for all the latest news and notifications. We welcome your feedback on the new site. Contact us via Membersnews@rathcoregolfclub.ie
RATHCORE GOLF CLUB TRANSFORMATION PROJECT
This is just one element of the new face of the club. All the signage and notices at the club house and around the course are also transformed in keeping with the new image.